The new 3CX MyPhone is web based, but users can also install MyPhone as a desktop app (working on Macs as well). 3CX say that in this mode it uses the browser in the background and allows the user to resize 3CX MyPhone as they wish as well as launch it automatically.
There are some nice features which make it worth checking out:
- Notification to Windows Event log, 3CX Event Log and optionally by e-mail on key events
- PnP support for 3CXPhone for iPhone, Android and Windows, Grandstream Executive GXP-21xx and Yealink phones. This means that you can just plug in the phone, assign extension in the management console and the phone will be automatically configured. This eliminates the need to specify the provisioning URL in the phone or via DHCP option 66.
- Complete support for the new Grandstream GXP-1450, GXP 2100, GXP 2110 and GXP 2120 phones. Requires firmware v. 126.96.36.199 and up. Note that these phones are still in BETA
- Support for the Grandstream GXP 3140, GXP 3175 video phones
- Support for the Yealink VP 2009 video phones
- Ability to black list IPs
- Ability to block extensions being registered from outside the network
- You can configure that particular extensions can not be used outside of the local network
- Ability to limit extensions registering externally to use tunnel
- Native 64 bit version (not available in beta)
- Ability to record prompts via the phone – simply click on prompt, enter extension name and record prompt
- Reduced memory footprint and elimination of extra service
- Specify extension group in outbound rules to easily create Class of Service rules
3CX BETA Version 10 Phone System can be downloaded here. The administration manual can be found here (PDF). The 3CX MyPhone and Extension user manual is web based and can be found here while users can post any questions about the BETA here in the 3CX Phone System V10 BETA forum.
You can use this Beta V10 Demo Key to activate enterprise features: LFMD-4QDR-7OHP-ZZO2
Post a Comment